Old 19-04-2006, 11:49 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

Default Yellow Vanda Leaves?

Are they breaking from the abscission point next to the central stalk?

Yes, they are. And they are not soft at all. Remember that big Asctm. we
discussed over in abpo last year? The one we decided was mislabeled? That
has always had a tendency toward leaf loss, though not of the magnitude I'm
seeing now. And it has so many offshoots that you hardly notice it, really.
A further clue: some of the plants are getting reddish spotting. This is
coloration only; no soft spots. And a few have leaf tip blackening. It's
almost as if I'm seeing sunburn, but nothing has changed and these are not
new plants. Anyway, there's no sunburn damage, so that can't be it. I'll try
to get a couple of pictures tomorrow.

I'm not really worried about this, but if they need something I'm failing to
deliver I'd like to know it.

Diana