Old 17-05-2006, 01:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Default How to slow down a fast growing hedge

bob wrote:
Hello. Has anyone got any ideas if a product exists which can be
sprayed onto a privet hedge to reduce it's growth rate? A neighbourof
mine claims that a product used to exist - is she correct? Thanx,
Bob.

There are antiauxins which will dwarf plants without killing them--
think of poinsettias -- but I don't think they'd be available for
amateur use, and I imagine they're too expensive for a hedge. Plants
themselves produce these compounds for various purposes, but one would
have to be applied in a very specific way to get the desired effect
without doing harm.

--
Mike.