Old 18-05-2006, 08:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bookworm

Default How to slow down a fast growing hedge

bob wrote:
Hello. Has anyone got any ideas if a product exists which can be
sprayed onto a privet hedge to reduce it's growth rate? A neighbourof
mine claims that a product used to exist - is she correct? Thanx,
Bob

I had a Lawsonnia hedge cut back a couple of months back and the guy
asked me if I wanted it sprayed to inhibit its growth £20.

Oh yeah! (hes gonna use snake oil I thought). I Let him do it. (Was in
generous mood)

Would you believe it! its working. The tips have gone slightly brown
and have stopped growing.

Cunning sod would not tell me what it was though. Anyone got any ideas?