Old 20-05-2006, 11:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

Default Thorny plants - pyracantha

"WRabbit" wrote in message
We have a 3' high wall at the front of the house, which can be

conveniently
sat on. We're trying to discourage this (asking nicely hasn't worked), so
thought some prickly plants might be the answer.

Why bother? What harm is being done? I quite often go and have a chat with
the people sitting on my wall. Only once have I warned some girls off. There
was an ants nest built into the wall :-((

But then I live in a very friendly area and all neighbours chat. My
neighbours kept an eye on my house and the post whilst I was away on a
cruise for three months. Is your area different?

Mike

www.rnshipmates.co.uk
International Festival of the Sea 28th June - 1st July 2007