Old 25-05-2006, 09:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

Default Greenhouse & Planning Permission

"pea_thrower" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

Can anybody tell me if I am going to require Planning Permission to
erect an aluminium greenhouse (6' x 10') in my garden. I live in a
conservation area, so if the answer is "yes" to the PP, how much am I
going to have to pay?

Different areas different ideas :-((

My last house was in an Area of Outstanding Beauty (AOB) and the previous
owner did have a greenhouse there, (we took it over and as far as I know is
still there) but a) he worked on the council!! ;-) ;-) know what I mean and
b) that was rather a long time ago. My gut reaction is yes you will need it,
but if you give Planning a call, or even write to them, the you will get a
better picture for where you live. A quick telephone call would be a starter
and if they do say yes, submit your own simple pencil/pen and ink
drawings/layout first. Do NOT go to the expense of getting and architect
etc. I have in the past submitted simple plans for extensions and 'talked
through them' over the counter :-))

Hope that helps. Talk to them first :-))

Mike

www.rnshipmates.co.uk
International Festival of the Sea 28th June - 1st July 2007