Old 25-05-2006, 01:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Hubbard

Default Greenhouse & Planning Permission

On Thu, 25 May 2006 11:00:28 +0100, Sally Thompson wrote
(in article et):

On Thu, 25 May 2006 09:02:26 +0100, pea_thrower wrote
(in article .com):

Hello,

Can anybody tell me if I am going to require Planning Permission to
erect an aluminium greenhouse (6' x 10') in my garden. I live in a
conservation area, so if the answer is "yes" to the PP, how much am I
going to have to pay?

Stating the obvious, why don't you just phone up your local planning officer
and ask? We are also in a conservation area, also an AONB, and planning
restrictions are very tight. We erected our greenhouse on loose-laid breeze
blocks (not a permanent foundation) so as far as we are concerned it is not a

permanent structure. No-one has complained yet (please don't all rush to do
so .....)

How very cloak and dagger! But I doubt they'll ask your name just for a
simple enquiry. However, if you're concerned, put whatever-the-code-is
before your number so that it is withheld and call yourself Joe Bloggs.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk