Old 25-05-2006, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Hubbard

Default Greenhouse & Planning Permission

On Thu, 25 May 2006 15:21:36 +0100, pea_thrower wrote
(in article .com):

Thanks for the reply. Dave &/or Stella provided a link to "planning
site", but it was too general and failed to deal with the problems
somebody who doesn't want to pay the council a ha'penny faces, when
trying to erect the greenhouse of his dreams. The phone call it is
then. I thought something along the lines of
"A friend of mine who lives miles and miles away from me, wants to
know......................." Cunning eh?

Rather more seriously, do you know if the rules and regs that
cover/control what I want to do, are common throughout the uk, or am I
at the mercy of some retired major general and a leading light in the
Womens Institute on the planning committee?

Every area has its own planning regs or byelaws. What happens in a city in
Cheshire might not be appropriate for a hamlet in Surrey. I would be very
cautious and avoid an expensive mistake by checking with your own local
authority.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk