Old 02-06-2006, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Hubbard

Default Do ants eat roots of plants?

On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 11:12:29 +0100, Malcolm wrote
(in article . com):

snip I must confess I am
wondering if it is worth growing brassicas. I have to put nets over
them to keep the pigeons off, Chlorophos for cabbage root fly, now
ants?? and in mid summer the cabbage white butterflies!!

We grow very little veg but when I did have a veg garden some years ago, I
took the view that I wouldn't grow things that are comparatively cheap to
buy. Instead, we stuck to things that were either more expensive or really
did need home-grown flavour e.g. tomatoes and asparagus, new potatoes, that
sort of thing.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk