Old 06-06-2006, 05:40 AM posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,rec.gardens
Lar

Default Poison Ivy vs Bed Bugs

In article .com,
says...
Chiggers are basicly "Biting Mites". Just as in female mosquitoes,
only femal mites will attack humans. They bore into a pore in the
skin, suck blood, and then lay their eggs INSIDE the poor. You will
most likely never be able to see a Chigger in action as they are even
smaller than head lice. However, the itching and inflamation
associated with Chigger "bites" are fare more worse than any mosquitoe.

Actually...... chiggers are the larval stage of the harvest mite. The
latter nymph stages and the adult mite are totally harmless and feed on
plant matter. They don't lay eggs since they are the "babies". They
don't drink our blood, but inject an enzyme that will dissolve the skin
cells and they feed on our liquified skin.

--
Lar