Old 07-06-2006, 02:39 AM posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,rec.gardens
Lucky

Default Poison Ivy vs Bed Bugs

wrote:
But I am only home on the weekends, and this started while I was out of
town in a hotel.

Last year on a program called "Dateline" there was a segment on how
bedbugs were making a comeback due to the cleaning practices, or lack
there of, in Hotels.

As you may have heard, only the sheets and pillow cases are ever washed
in hotels.
Bedspreads are not washed and under random tests most bedspreads from
the most expensive to the least expensive Hotel Chain tested positive
for blood, urine, and seemen stains.

The problem is that bedbugs just don't hide in the bedding. They
wander far away and also live in the carpet and cracks in the floor and
walls.

If they are bedbug bites, then you will need to contact a professional
exterminator.

Webpage with info and pics of BedBugs and BedBug Bites:

http://medent.usyd.edu.au/bedbug/

Another Webpage with some added Tips for dealing with BedBugs:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/doh/html/vec...tor-faq1.shtml

The link above gives some hints on how you might check to see if you
can find any bedbugs hiding on your mattress, box springs, or in the
area around your bed. If you can find them, forget what the doctor
says and call an exterminator immediately.

-Jason