Old 13-07-2006, 11:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Capone

Default Rowan Tree problem

Neil Tonks wrote:
"Capone" wrote in message
ups.com...
Although it's only July some of the leaves on my Rowan tree are
beginning to turn brown and die off. In fact, some leaves have fallen
on to a hebe and that too, is now suffering a similar fate.

Any ideas anyone on what I need to do? Thanks.

If you're in an area which has been hot and dry lately, and the rest of the
leaves don't seem diseased, then don't worry too much about the Rowan.
Deciduous trees such as this will naturally drop some leaves in hot dry
weather if the amount of water the leaves are losing to the air exceeds the
capacity of the roots to supply new water. It does the tree no harm.

Neil.

Thanks for this Neil, I suspect you're right. I'll wait and see what
happens.