Old 15-07-2006, 03:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Derryl Killan

Default Rowan Tree problem

Capone wrote:
Although it's only July some of the leaves on my Rowan tree are
beginning to turn brown and die off. In fact, some leaves have fallen
on to a hebe and that too, is now suffering a similar fate.

Any ideas anyone on what I need to do? Thanks.

Hi Capone

I suspect that you have Fire blight which is spread by Bees. Go
to your Horticultural Wholesaler and get some "Agricultural
Streptomycin" Fire Blight is a bacterial disease.

Apply by spraying your Rowan tree (Sorbus).

Derryl Killan