Old 29-07-2006, 06:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Tetanus every 5-10 years - Please Read - Important!

In article ,
"Robert" writes:

| Same advice at my docs,tetanus jab not necessary if you had the 3 jab course

Only THREE? That's the lowest I have heard of yet. I have some reason
to believe that advice isn't entirely reliable, and is based more on
political and economic grounds than medical ones. However, all of the
recommendations are based on what is an acceptable level of risk (i.e.
immunity is NOT absolute, despite what dogma says), and I don't know
the actual numbers.

Given the fact that the main source of tetanus spores largely dried up
over a century back, the number of viable ones much be dropping off.
They are very durable, but a century is a long time even for durable
spores.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.