Old 29-07-2006, 11:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Tetanus every 5-10 years - Please Read - Important!

On 29/7/06 18:13, in article , "Rupert (W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:

snip

My Mum, who was a nurse, told me that it was painful because of the large
volume of liquid injected. They probably gave it on the bum (pardon the
expression) so that you could not see the massive syringe.
Why you have Rubella injection at 30 something? Sumat to do with impending
pregnancy etc?

Having had one pregnancy during which I remembered I'd never had Rubella or
the immunisation, I thought I better get the jab before I had any more
children. So I did and I did!
As I say, my Tet injections were in the arm and I don't remember either
massive syringes or pain but maybe nature has been merciful to my memory or
maybe things were a bit simpler in the 70s! I recall that either Typhoid
or Hepatitis jabs - one of those - made me feel a bit peelly wally for a
couple of hours but that's all.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk