Old 05-08-2006, 05:06 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Tom The Great Tom The Great is offline

Default Palm Tree sprouts in lawn

On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 09:11:21 -0700, "Mr.Tobor"
wrote:

Hello All,
My next door neighbor has 3 tall palm trees which, during flowering season,
drop a large amount of seeds on my lawn.

These tend to sprout in my grass. Is there some chemical that will kill
these without killing the grass? I've tried lawn weed killers to no avail.
(Not surprising since I don't imagine they were formulated to see palm trees
as "weeds").

I'd love a solution short of getting on my knees and pulling them out
one-by-one!

TIA for any suggestions. A picture of one of the trees and the sprouts in
the grass can be found he
http://users.adelphia.net/~henryve/pics.htm

MrTobor

Just an idea...

I might dig them up, and sell them on ebay.

tom