Old 11-08-2006, 09:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
OmManiPadmeOmelet[_3_] OmManiPadmeOmelet[_3_] is offline

Default preserving habaneros

In article om,
"frank megaweege" wrote:

And everybody is ignoring my canning suggestion.... :-(

I've never done any canning and don't have the supplies so I guess
that's why I ignored it. Plus it seems like a jar full might still be
too much at once, after I opened it.

Sorry excuse... Canning jars come as small as 4 oz. G

Smoking some other drying method is making sense to me because then I
could use it a little bit at a time.

Agreed.

I just don't agree with freezing based on _personal_ experience! At
least without blanching somehow and I'm not convinced of that.

I need to research dehydrators.

It's not rocket science. I've gotten excellent results on a simple,
cheap convection dehydrator from "Harbor Freight" for around $30.00 per
unit, even doing jerky.

Meat can get touchy. Veggies are no big deal.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson