Old 12-08-2006, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default Gardener's hands

"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message
I've got a social ocassion coming up in a few motnhs when my hands
really should not scream "Gardener!!!!!!"

Does anyone have any ideas for hand care/rejuvination? I do wear
gloves but the hands still get ingrained dirt and look foul.

Put a barrier cream on BEFORE you start gardening. This keeps the worst of
the dirt from penetrating.

Wash your hands before bedtime and slather them in thick hand cream -
doesn't make much difference what make - then put cotton gloves on. You will
feel silly but it does help :~))

Go for a manicure a coupe of times before the event.

Wear pale nail varnish. Dark colours will make people notice your hands
more.

jenny