Old 13-08-2006, 11:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Gardener's hands

On 12/8/06 10:33, in article , "JennyC"
wrote:

"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message
I've got a social ocassion coming up in a few motnhs when my hands
really should not scream "Gardener!!!!!!"

Does anyone have any ideas for hand care/rejuvination? I do wear
gloves but the hands still get ingrained dirt and look foul.

Put a barrier cream on BEFORE you start gardening. This keeps the worst of
the dirt from penetrating.

This triggered my memory and I had a little hunt around 'chaos corner' in
the greenhouse! Some time ago I bought from our local country
store/feed/bulb merchant, a can of stuff called 'Working Hands'. it is
absolutely excellent as a barrier cream and is stiff with lanolin, too.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk