Old 02-09-2006, 02:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle[_1_] Mike Lyle[_1_] is offline
Registered User

Default Cost of re-turfing a lawn

wrote:
My lawn needs levelling out and re-turfing. Given that it's about 300
sq.metres, I estimate approx £600 to buy turf.
In terms of labour, how long would you say it would take someone to
rotavate this area, level it out and lay the turf? I'm just trying to
get a rough estimate for the labour costs.

Anything from ten to twenty quid an hour, maybe two days' work. But I
wouldn't employ anybody who thinks it can be done in one go: it'll need
a month or two for settling and weeding between cultivation and
turfing. That will be very variable, of course, according to soil and
weather.

--
Mike.