Old 27-09-2006, 05:21 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ron Hardin Ron Hardin is offline

Default New mower blade

JaxDawg wrote:

This seems like a silly question... but here goes...
I've just purchased new blades for my Craftsman 42" mower. The blades
are not at all what I'd call "sharp" - which surprised me. Should new
mower blades be sharpened before they are used? or is this angled edge
(but again, not "sharp") proper for a mower?
If it makes a difference, these are mulching blades.

thanks!

I dunno. It takes a lot less power and noise to cut with sharp
blades, at least with my 22" it did. I could run it at low throttle
after sharpening where it was full throttle before.

--
Ron Hardin