Old 16-10-2006, 12:00 AM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Critters in my mulch

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 16:11:34 +0100, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

The message
from Jangchub contains these words:

So, I have a fox and her pups, an oppossum who digs, a skunk who comes
in now and again, a resident armadillo in one of the brush piles,
snakes, skinks, lizards, birds and rats. What should I do, kill every
living thing so my mulch stays smooth?

An armadillo in the garden..lucky you! How cool is that.

Janet

It's very cool. You should see the little babies in the spring.
Little miniature armadillos, so cute. They nose around eating grubs
and other soil macrobes, but rarely do much damage. Occasionally they
dig holes here or there, but nothing so awful I'd shoot or kill or not
let them live in my pile. The fun part is when I'm weeding and the
thing walks behind me and scares the crap out of me. LOL They move
very slow.