Old 15-11-2006, 09:29 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Fungus Gnats and Pyrethrum

"Just Asking" wrote in message
I have a few questions:

1) Can you kill fungus gnat larvae by drenching the soil with a pyrethrum
based solution?

2) Can you kill fungus gnat larvae with hydrogen peroxide (h2o2)? Will
this kill the plants? If not,
what is the best strength?

OK. I'm just telling. I googled for "fungus gnats" and found a wealth of
information in just the first 9 results, minus #4, which was a site for a
company that sells chemicals. The others were all university sites, and very
informative.