Old 15-11-2006, 10:47 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Fungus Gnats and Pyrethrum

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 19:04:56 -0000, "Just Asking"
wrote:

I have a few questions:

1) Can you kill fungus gnat larvae by drenching the soil with a pyrethrum based solution?

2) Can you kill fungus gnat larvae with hydrogen peroxide (h2o2)? Will this kill the plants? If not,
what is the best strength?

I use Gnatrol, but you can get same results by buying some pond donuts
which are called Bt-Israelensis. Soak the donuts in hot water and
when it cools water the plants. I don't use pyrethrum based poison.
You could also cut way back on watering and get rid of them that way.