Old 02-12-2006, 04:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) is offline

Default Too late for cutting grass?

"Nel" wrote in message
I never got round to cutting the lawn for one last time before winter.
However, today seems quite a nice day and for once I'm not running around
for other people!!

So are there any problems with cutting the grass so late into the year?

If the grass is growing carry on cutting throughout the winter.
I once had one of those lawns that needed to have the stripes to look
good-so it was mowed twice a week every week (not always by me). I can
remember one year when Jan/Feb were the only months when it was not mown.
Don't mow a frosty lawn or when it is so wet that you form skid marks (on
the lawn)