Old 27-12-2006, 11:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default plants in water bowl

"mertin" wrote in message
Thanks for your suggestions

I think that my wife is thinking more on something like a water lily

or
lotus, but I never heard of these being grown inside in a water

bowl?

???? From your first post, I got the impression that it was the plant
itself was what was supposed to be colourful. Water lilys and lotus
are only colourful when they flower which IIRC is once a year.

Where was the colour on this plant? Flowers or foliage? BTW you
could grow both water lilies in a water bowl but it'd have to be a
farily big one and I doubt that the light level in a house would be
sufficient to make them live for what I'd define as a "long period" as
specified in your first post. Outside they can be tough as old boots
and last for years in the right situation. Grill your wife a bit and
get back to us.