Old 08-01-2007, 03:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Steve Bonine Steve Bonine is offline

Default pelleted seeds?

I appreciate and agree with your comments, and thanks for providing the
information. I do, however, have a small question:

Alisa Keimel wrote:

The seed is not significantly
more expensive compared to is "natural" seed counterpart. In fact, a
packet of unpelleted Cherokee Lettuce is $4.95 and its pelleted
counterpart is $4.60 a packet, which is obviously not more expensive.

How many seeds are in the packet in each case?

Frankly I would much rather work with pelleted lettuce seed than the raw
seed, and I suspect that there are plenty of seed in a packet to take
care of my needs. But comparing prices based on "a packet" really isn't
fair.