Old 08-01-2007, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes Alan Holmes is offline

Default Transplant a christmas tree

"ziz" wrote in message
I have a christmas tree (don't know what sort but the basic one) in my
back garden which has grown to about 12 feet. I would like to transplant
it to another location in my garden.
Can anyone advise me on how to do it? ie best time of year, best method
etc.
Many thanks.
Mick

It will not transplant very easily, you would be better off cutting it down
and plant another in a more suitable place.

About 30 years ago I put one in the garden to lift each year and then
replant after Xmas, but the thing grew very quickly and became a real
nuisance, so I had to get it cut down.

Alan