Old 16-01-2007, 04:19 AM posted to rec.gardens
GreenieLeBrun GreenieLeBrun is offline

Default Life Span of a Norfolk Pine

sling blade wrote:
Hi,

Can someone please let me know the average life span of a Norfolk Pine
grown outdoors?

Thanks!

There are a number of Norfolk Island Pines in the Queen Victoria Gardens at
Beechworth in north-east Victoria (Australia). The park was started in 1862
and the trees were donated by Fredrick von Mueller (the head of the Royal
Botanical Gardens in Melbourne). I don't know the date of the donation but
von Mueller died in 1896 so that makes these trees well over 100 years old
and still going strong.