Old 11-02-2007, 10:11 AM
linu5 linu5 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflower_info View Post
the variety I grow is Jala Valley landrace Maize. It's the tallest variety of maize in the world. It's not uncommon to get corn as tall as I had. In fact, I know people that had them about 25 feet or so. I still have one more giant left in the garden that is still growing. I don't know if it's going to get a tassel before frost comes. Had my wife take a pic today. Sorry, but it's a bit dark.

How do you know that Jala is the tallest variety of maize in the world? Did you grow them all next to each other?

What people had them about 25' or so?