Old 02-03-2007, 09:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue[_3_] Sue[_3_] is offline

Default Growing Potatoes in Straw

"Andy Spragg" wrote
I tried it once. It foundered not on the theoretical objection of the
tubers picking up nasty substances from the vulcanized rubber, but on
the thoroughly practical objection that I ended up with less tuber
biomass than I planted in the first place. However, I tried the method
because I saw it demoed on TV (probably was Bob F), and the end
product as I recall was a stack of tyres about four feet high, stuffed
to the gunnels with potatoes. So I must have done something wrong ...

I'll bet you forgot to add the gro-faster stripes.

--
Sue