Old 17-03-2007, 08:38 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] jerry_friedman@yahoo.com is offline

Default transplanting asparagus

I want to transplant "wild" asparagus from near my house into my
garden. I was planning to move some 2-4 weeks before the expected
last frost (end of April here), which is when you're supposed to plant
commercial crowns, but with the recent high temperatures in New Mexico
(including some records this past week), what do I see but little
spears? Does that mean it's too late to transplant till fall?

(I did move a couple of plants during a warm spell in winter, and
you'll be happy to hear that at least one of them is sprouting. I
wonder where I put the other one.)

--
Jerry Friedman