Old 01-04-2007, 02:38 PM posted to rec.gardens
Pete E. Kruzer Pete E. Kruzer is offline

Default What fruits WON'T ripen after picking??

On Mar 31, 4:54 pm, "told2b" wrote:
On Mar 31, 1:41?pm, "Pete E. Kruzer" wrote:

I know there are some fruits that won't ripen after being picked. I
believe the cantalope and the watermelon are two of them.
Can anyone tell me fruits won't ripen after being picked?

Never ripen after picking:

Snipped for brevity

Thanks for the info.

Would you happen to know what fruits/vegetables that don't need to be
stored under refrigeration? Beside the ususal potatoes, onions..