Old 19-04-2007, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Whats the best thing to keep cats out.......... ?

"woodglass" wrote
Whats the best thing to keep cats out of my parents garden ?.

New neighbours have moved in next door to my parents.

They have 7 cats that crap all over the garden.

We don't want to harm the cats, just keep them out of the garden.

woodglass...

1. A dog and keep it outside in the garden! It's then your dogs crap in the
garden unless you take it for a walk (ie. to crap on someone else's grass)
2. An automatic water sprayer made for the purpose.
3. A powerful water pistol.
4. A well aimed bucket of water every time they appear.

When decided on your actions have a word with the new neighbours and explain
what you intend to do, not that they can do much themselves after their cats
have got used to crapping outside. Too late to train them to use a box. They
will then understand when their cats come home wet and you will have them on
your side (unless they are ignorant people).

--
Regards
Bob H