Old 29-05-2007, 11:47 AM posted to rec.gardens
Treelady Treelady is offline

Default How to keep a pine tree alive

On May 29, 12:40 am, Bill Rose wrote:
In article .com,
Andrew Falanga wrote:

Hi,

I have a fledgling pine in my yard that I got to close to with my weed-
eater. I accidentally ripped some of the bark off at the ground
level. This tree ~6' tall, perhaps 6' 6" (I say fledgling because I'm
pretty sure it's a ponderosa). What techniques can be used to ensure
the tree doesn't die. Where I live in Idaho, I don't have manytrees
in my yard and I don't want to loose this one.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Andy

The bark is no big deal but the next layer in is the living part of the
tree. Get some tree sealer, as you would for major pruning, and put on
damaged area.

- Bill

Best not to seal it with anything. Sealants can invite more trouble
than help.
Do as Kay says.