Old 03-06-2007, 11:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
Kay Lancaster Kay Lancaster is offline

Default How to keep a pine tree alive

On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 00:09:34 -0000, Andrew Falanga wrote:
In either case, get some mulch around that tree so you don't go
near it again with that weedwhacker, and make especially
sure it goes into the winter deeply watered.

Kay

Thanks to all for the suggestions. I wished I'd read this thread
before purchasing and applying the tree sealer. Oh well, we'll see
how it goes. Thanks again.

If you like belt and suspenders, early next spring you can still bridgegraft
over the cut. But do be careful to water this summer and fall and please
get that mulch on. And around other trees you may have, too. Makes a big
difference in the amount of lawnmower blight you see.... ;-)

Kay