Old 05-06-2007, 10:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
William Wagner William Wagner is offline

Default Getting rid of the grass and putting in draught resistant plants

In article . com,
wrote:

Hi all,
I'd like to remove the grass from the strip between our sidewalk and
the street and replace it with a series of draught resistant plants.
The new townhouses across the street have this arrangement and it
looks nice. The plants are like small shrubs or sprouts of grasses.
I don't want ground cover but just a dotting of plants with the rest
of the space (probably 5'x9') with some type of bark. The space is
currently filled with grass that we don't take care of and generally
looks bad.

So-What do I need to do to get rid of the grass and prepare the soil
for planting of our gorgeous new drought resistant plants?

Any other advice?

Take a walk about your neighborhood and if you see some thing you like
ask about it. You may have to visit nearby communities but this a
challenge that can be viewed as fun.

Bill

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade