Old 30-03-2003, 06:32 AM
Snooze

Default Sick Pine tree?

Most of the pine trees i've known about, have gotten attacked by a borer
beetle. Once one tree in an area gets it, you might as well cut down all the
other pine trees in the area too.

Out here in california, almost all the highways were lined with montery pine
trees, then about 10 years back we had a major problem with the beetle, and
all the trees were either cut down due to disease, or pre-emptively.

"far7134" wrote in message
om...
I have a very tall white pine tree that appears to be sick. The
needles on the tope of the tree are turning brown. This started
before winter with only some small clumps throughout the tree but now
large patches have formed. There is another large white pine tree
right next to it and it is doing just fine. The two trees are the
same size, which is taller then a telephone poll. There is another
tree right next to it, the branches are touching, but the needles on
this side are fine. Is this tree sick? The branches and bark appear
to be fine but I'm not an expert. Any suggestions or information on
tree care would be appreciated.