Old 14-06-2007, 08:31 PM posted to rec.gardens
tinamarieg via HomeKB.com tinamarieg via HomeKB.com is offline

Default Wasps building nest in my attic

sounds like they just like that spot.they will probably just keep on comming
once any chemicals are gone. is there any way you can put screen over the
venilation space?? you need to block their way into it somehow. thats my best
guess. i've never had them return after a good squirt of some raid.these guys
are persistant.

wrote:
I have a bay window extending out over my deck and I have noticed
wasps regularly entering and exiting the ventilation space between the
gutter and the shingles. My wife, not a big fan of insects/wasps,
told me to get in the attic and do some spraying or else, which I
promptly did last fall (she may be small but she can pack a mean
bite, wife not wasps). After venturing into the attic and finding a
half dozen or so paper wasps nest (all small but some about 2 inches
in diameter), I sprayed them all and then returned later to knock down
the dead nest. The spring, the wasps are back and the wife is not to
happy about it. I ventured up in the attic again to doing some killing
and found that a lot of the nest were in the same general location as
last fall. Is there anything I can put in the attic to repel the
wasps? I read about Sevin dust but am unsure if that would work as a
repellent. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Drew