Old 30-03-2003, 07:20 PM
El Jeffe

Default Sick Pine tree?

I guess you just displayed your ignorance for the whole world to see.
Think about it.

El Jeffe

Marley1372 wrote:
I would like to say something here. You should not ever diagnose a plant
disease or insect over the internet without seeing a picture. Its preferable
to see the whole plant or at least a physical sample. With that said, "brown
needles" is an extremely non specific symptom and could be caused by a number
of things. A top branch could have been broken partially in a windstorm and
died. Could be a borer. Could be white pine weevil. Maybe the tree is near a
road that is heavily salted in the wintertime. To the original poster: If
your trees are of value, hire a professional to diagnose your problem. I would
not reccomend blindly using a bunch of chemicals based on a guess made by
someone who has no knowledge of the site and hasnt seen the tree.

Toad