Old 18-07-2007, 02:28 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Hedge removal

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 21:52:48 +0100, nigel16
wrote:

nigel16;729624 Wrote:
I ahve a very old Privet hedge that I estimate is about 50 years old. It
has been cut back harshly at least 3 times but although it is only 4
feet tall, it has had its day. Sadly I would like to remove the hedge
as my neighbours dog uses the now large gaps as access to my garden and
I have decided to replace it with a comparatively bland garden fence.
I would like to know it I have to remove the Privet at root level or
can I cut if right down to ground level and trat the root to stop
regrowth?

No-one offereing any answers then?

Dig it out with a pick axe.