Old 04-08-2007, 04:23 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Phyllis and Jim Phyllis and Jim is offline

Default A berm pond - what's that?

Marco,

It may have been in one of my posts that you heard the term 'berm
pond'. I am sorry not to have responded. I missed your query.

We have a 4' berm (dirt hill) at the end of our main pond. It is
about 25' long. On it we have a variety of veggie filters (small
ponds with a million plants that grab nutrients (fish waste)) and
provide surface for bacteria to handle the nitrites and to allow for
settlement of solids. There are three 55 gal barrels embedded, two 4'
x' 8' ponds and a 4' x 4' pond. The returns are via waterfalls and
streams. The water slowly moves through them as our filtrtation
system. You can see the layout on our pondsite...

home.bellsouth.net/personalpages/pwp-jameshurley

Jim