Old 05-08-2007, 11:54 PM posted to rec.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default Sick and Dying Ivy, what is it and how can I fix it?

Tim wrote:
I have been looking around for awhile on the internet and can't figure
out what is killing my ivy. We have a substantial part of our yard as
ground-cover for ivy and I am convinced the Ivy is infected ,
evidenced by many large dead spots as well as some type of white
cobwebs all over the place.

Anyway, since I don't know how to describe it, here are several
pictures which should clean up the situation.

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/4...cframe1zl7.jpg
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/3...cframe2kd8.jpg
http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/7...cframe3cf7.jpg
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/3...cframe4gp0.jpg

Thanks in advance for any information! (If the climate matters, I live
in Northern Virginia.)

Best,

Tim

My ivy near house looks like this in the spring due to the rats with
hooves. It recovers in the summer but I cannot get it established on
banks away from the house.
Frank