Old 08-08-2007, 07:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.food.cooking
James James is offline

Default How do you use your excess bell peppers?

On Aug 8, 1:30 pm, "readandpostrosie" wrote:
my husband, the gardener, slices all the leftover peppers and throws them in
the freezer!

"James" wrote in message

ps.com...

Of course they like to all mature at the same time. So what should I
do with all of them? I like the crunch but I can't eat too many at
once because they don't agree with me.

Drying or freezing will naturally lose the crunchiness.

Any good recipes that use a lot of them?- Hide quoted text -

Some how I ended up with 25 plants including extras from other
gardeners. I started Carnavil Mix seeds and got yellow, orange,
purple, and green peppers. Guess I'll leave some to turn red.

Both cooked and raw gives me problems if I eat them too late in the
day.