Old 18-08-2007, 02:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] judith.lea@googlemail.com is offline

Default Eradicating Mare's Tail

On Aug 18, 8:26 am, "David \(Normandy\)"
wrote:
I seem to remember someone on this forum saying it can be eradicated using
glyphosate provided the stems are "roughed up" a bit first so it can absorb
the weedkiller. Precisely how to rough up the plants I don't know.

David.

"Emrys Davies" wrote in message

My friend no longer has the energy to dig up the roots of Mare's Tail
and he is wondering if there is a chemical which will effectively
eradicate the menace.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.- Hide quoted text -

That was me I think Robert. It is a total waste of time trying to dig
it up, I tried that for years. This method works:

Put boots on, walk over the mares tail bruising it. Spray with
glyphosate or if it is in beds that can't be sprayed, put on plastic
gloves, then over the top of those a pair of cotton gloves and pour
the liquid into your hands, rub on affected parts. Even though you
are doubly gloved, wash hands thoroughly afterwards.

Judith