Old 18-08-2007, 02:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Eradicating Mare's Tail

On 18 Aug, 13:57, Sacha wrote:
She hasn't said that she does. She said she tried digging it out for years
and *that* didn't work. Then she gave her method of ridding the garden of
this weed but did not say she had to keep doing so.

Thanks. When did she last do it and for how long? It's interesting to
find out if it works for a season or more.

I've recently found out that why we are so plagued by it this year it
is because it thrives in wet conditions and this promotes the release
of spores. It also is more present in very poor soil so feeding the
soil with organic manure will help and so will mulching. Also digging
it is what most of us do, doing it in very dry conditions will help
get rid of it.