Old 11-09-2007, 04:10 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Manelli Family[_3_] Manelli Family[_3_] is offline

Default Kroger selling orchids

I seldom go into the Kroger stores for groceries but did today. They now
sell some nice houseplants and of all things - orchids! These were nice
blooming plants for $9.99 ea. You can't beat that with a stick. The lady
in the plant dept. marked down 6 bloomed-out Phals to $3.88 ea. Now who can
pass by prices like that? :-))) The little 4" clay pots are .67 alone. I
took four. When I got home I noticed one had unopened buds. Someone must
have knocked or picked off the flowers leaving the spike of buds. I hope
they open for me. I'll be stopping at both Kroger stores from now on.