Old 11-09-2007, 05:19 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
BruceM BruceM is offline

Default Kroger selling orchids

I often stop in Thom Thumb grocery stores here in Dallas texas. Their
floral shop's carry several nice Phals, in colors other than the plain white
"Manelli Family" wrote in message
I seldom go into the Kroger stores for groceries but did today. They now
sell some nice houseplants and of all things - orchids! These were nice
blooming plants for $9.99 ea. You can't beat that with a stick. The lady
in the plant dept. marked down 6 bloomed-out Phals to $3.88 ea. Now who
can pass by prices like that? :-))) The little 4" clay pots are .67
alone. I took four. When I got home I noticed one had unopened buds.
Someone must have knocked or picked off the flowers leaving the spike of
buds. I hope they open for me. I'll be stopping at both Kroger stores
from now on.