Old 11-09-2007, 08:59 PM posted to aus.gardens
len garden len garden is offline

Default Carrots and potato, how do you know when ther are ready to dig up please

g'day col,

for me i have a look at the top of the carrot and see how well
developed it looks then pull it if it is big enough, i like 'em young
and sweet.

with spuds it is when the top dies off then you have these lovley
tasting new potatoes to eat, you can do pick off harvest as they grow
that is using your hand get down where the tubers are and feel for and
pick any bigger ones very easy to do with the growing method we use.

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 09:40:10 GMT, col wrote:

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev

--