Old 03-04-2003, 06:33 PM

Default Buying KNO3 - Wait for peacetime?

I go into a pharmacy
and ask if they have potassium nitrate. The pharmacist accuses me of
wanting to build a bomb!!!!!!

Actually, what about gasoline? The stuff folks put in their cars. They
don't accuse folks of using that for bomb during a full up although
it's much more explosive. Funny how that
is.............................people worried about a pound of KNO3 vs
a tanker full of gas.

Some folks have been in the "Drug business" a bit too long. Perhaps
the Pharmacist was on the reefer and got paranoid?

There are too many things out there that can cause destruction.
Regulating _everything_ is not the way to prevent this. A few things
yes, ammonium nitrate in large amounts, nukes etc. But stump remover?

I can get blackpowder and KNO3 for that and none ever would say
anything about it (It's okay, he got a licence yesterday at the gun
show).

Regulate Guns and ammo? That would be Communism! No wait, new buzz
word Terrorism. Only a terrorist supporter that hates Amerika would
want to regulate gun ownership. There, now that sounds better.

Every few months this happens to folks on these boards. It really is
offensive to be accused of such poppycock by someone who is suppose to
be serving you. Call the manager ASAP and bitch like hell. If you are
buying a truck load/big bag of ammonium nitrate, that's different and
they also have permits for this so there is some regulation.

It's one thing to wrongfully accused of pretty stealing, it's another
to wrongfully accused of committing a felony bombing.

I'd take it personally and call the store up and talk to the manager.
I'd expect nothing less than the guy groveling at your feet in
apology.

Suspecting everyone and eyeing your friend and customers is simply
nothing short of Orwellian.

Regards,
Tom Barr