Old 02-10-2007, 04:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
enigma enigma is offline

Default Transplanting Wintergreen

wrote in
ps.com:

Jim Kingdon wrote:
being taken over by some form of wild, fruitless
strawberry.

Fruitless or small fruits? Yellow or white flowers? (Not
that it really matters, I'm just curious whether it is the
same one we have).

Fruitless with small white flowers in late spring to early
summer. Nasty stickery runnery things.

stickery? as in small spines along/around the length of the
stem, which is prostrate?
those aren't strawberries. they are likely what we call
'dewberries', a prostrate & not very fruitful form of
blackberry. when they *do* bear fruit, it's really good, but
it doesn't happen very often.
lee and they like to trip you up, too